Mr. Edmund Osei Owusu
Senior Research Scientist (Plant Pathologist)
Head of Plant Protection Division
2017-Present PhD Plant Pathology (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology), 2008-2011 M. Sc. Plant Pathology (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology), 2002-2006 B. Sc. Biological Sciences (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology)
Development of an integrated management strategy for Fusarium wilt of eggplants in Ghana. Domestication of Tetrapleura tetraptera in Africa (IFS: J/5502-1). Development of Technology for Conservation of Plant Genetic Resources (KAFACI). Improvement of Technology on Conservation of Genetic Resources (KAFACI). Propagation of tree crops through vegetative means. Evaluation of Capsicum species land races for viral diseases
2012- Present: Member; CSIR Research Scientist Association. 2012- Present: Member; Ghana Science Association. 2013-Present: Member; Ghana Institute of Horticulturists
- Owusu, E. O. and Kwoseh, C. K. (2018). Inoculum concentration of Armillaria mellea in the Rhizosphere of Intercropped Teak Plantation: the case of the Opro Forest Reserve, Ghana. Ghana Journal of Agricultural science, Vol 52, 69-75
- Esther Kemigisha, Edmund.O. Owusu, Christianah A. Elusiyan, Francis Omujal, Mnason Tweheyo & Paul P. Bosu (2018): Tetrapleura tetraptera in Ghana, Nigeria and Uganda: households uses and local market. Forests, Trees and Livelihoods, DOI: 10.1080/14728028.2018.1498027
- Adongo, B. A., Akrofi, S., Osei-Owusu, E., & Ahiatsi, E. N. (2018). Occurrence of Anthracnose Disease of Turkey Berry (Solanum torvum) at Bunso, Eastern Region, Ghana. International Journal of Plant & Soil Science, 1-7.
- Owusu, E. O., Asomani Antwi, N., Osei-Kofi, P. S. and Aboagye L. M. (2018). Collection and Conservation of Root and Tuber Crops in Ghana. Agriculture and Food Science Journal of Ghana. Vol. 11, Special Edition, July 2018, 891-895
- Osei-Kofi, P. S., Aboagye, L. M. and Owusu, E. O. (2018). Review of information on genetic resources activities of some root and tuber crops in Ghana. Agriculture and Food Science Journal of Ghana. Vol. 11, Special Edition, July 2018,
- Asare, A. T., Asare-Bediako, E., Agyarko, F., Taah, K., and Owusu E. O. (2016). Phenotypic traits detect genetic variability in Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus. L. Moench). African Journal of Agricultural Research, Vol. 11(33), pp. 3169-3177.
- Owusu, E. O., Asare, C. M. and Ackon, S. (2015). Influence of indole-3-butyric acid concentrations on Rooting of Cinnamomum camphora (L.) Presl marcots. Ghana J. Forestry, Vol. 31, 2015, 45 – 50
- Asare, C. M., Owusu, E. O. and Bedeh, D. K. (2014). Vegetative propagation of Cinnamomum camphora (L.) Presl by Cuttings: effect of shoot physiological age. Ghana Journal of Agricultural science, Vol 47, No. 1 55-59
- Asare, C. M., Ahiatsi, E. N. and Owusu, E. O. (2014). Effect of Cleopatra Mandarin rootstock age on bud ‘take’ Ghana Journal of Agricultural science, Vol 47, No. 1 51-54
- Asare, C. M. and Owusu, E. O (2013). Effect of shoot physiological age and indole-3-butyric acid on vegetative propagation of velvet tamarind (Dialium guinenese wild) by stem cuttings Ghana J. Forestry, Vol. 29 (1 & 2) 2013: 60 – 66